Away Into The Woods by Heather Mullins

Title: Away in the Woods
Author: Heather Mullins
Genre: Mystery, Crime
Cover Designer: Freya Barker
Editor: Eden Rose
Hosted by: Lady Amber's PR
Blurb: Angelo Baldoni wants nothing more than to enjoy the temporary distraction of small town life and win back the woman he loves.  But vicious wounds from his past will not be granted time to heal before the  shackles of violence clamp down once more. Women are being hunted for sport, their bodies strung up like trophies. Any evidence found at the crime scene leads only to more questions. Every clue proving to be yet another dead-end. Knowing Angelo’s background as a Homicide Detective, the local Sheriff seeks his help to catch the killer.
Will calling in Bobby and Nate, his trusted team, be enough to help Angelo solve the case before the body count rises? Or will his chance at happiness be left dangling in the breeze, as one of his own finds themselves caught in the killers noose?
Heather Mullins has always loved to read and has been writing poems and stories since childhood. She truly enjoys doing so much with other indie authors and fully supports this outstanding community. She uses her outgoing opinionated personality to help write and run multiple blogs.
Heather graduated in June 2017 with her Bachelors in Human services. She is now working on specializing in substance abuse counseling. She's an Air Force Veteran and is honored to have served her country.
Heather supports many different groups that help out other veterans.
She is a mother of 3 wonderfully crazy kids and has been married for 16 years. When she isn't playing taxi she is living vicariously through the lives of characters in any number of books.
Author Links:
Buy Links:
Renewed Faith: http://amzn.to/2F8TP6A
Chasing Liberty: http://amzn.to/2CMTpVO
Chapter 1
UNKNOWN
I release her letting her think she has a chance. I don't even bother chasing her; she's running the wrong way. This forest has always been my safe haven and I know it like the back of my hand. It's only a matter of time before I’ll hear the sweet sound of agony echo among the trees.
It's all about the hunt and I'm out for blood.
Hours go by before I finally hear it - the pain of defeat. It took this bitch longer than I anticipated. She's a fighter ... my favorite. It's no fun when they just lie there. It’s starting to get dark but with a little pep in my step, I slowly head toward her cries. The fun is about to begin ... Well for me anyway.
The fear in her eyes as I walk up makes me smile knowing that horror is for me. She steps into one of my bear traps in just the right way that her ankle’s broken and her calf is sliced open causing blood to run down. The blood is creating a beautiful pool in the dirt. If I left, her here the wild animals would have a field day. Maybe next time.
Kneeling, I grab the whore by her hair. "Look at what you went and did, how are you going to run now, little girl?"
She spits in my face but doesn't answer the question. She’ll be taught it's not okay to be rude.
“Now, that’s not very nice.” Smacking the cunt across the face, she whimpers.
Unlocking the trap causes my prey to scream out. Lifting my catch over my shoulders, I carry her back to my hunting cabin.
“Someone please help me!” She screams loudly in my ear. Pulling out my hunting knife, I give her a quick shallow jab. The serrated edge barely cuts into her side, but it does the job, she shuts up.
“No one can hear you out here, we’re miles away from anyone, so yell all you want just not in my ear.”
Defeated my catch goes limp and sobs.
Darkness has fallen by the time I reach the cabin. I carry her inside, placing her clumsily on my cleaning table. There’s no need to tie her up yet; she’s not going anywhere. As I begin to prep the things that I will need to ensure everything goes smoothly, my phone beeps, I’ve got a pickup.
“Well, my dear, it looks like you may have a roommate.”   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Play Thing by Jason Luke & Jade West

Fight For You by Charisse Spiers

The Blood King by Liz Long