Author Erica Kiefer 📝📔




Erica Kiefer was born on Christmas Eve in Southern California to an American father whose ancestors arrived from Europe during colonial times and a Thai mother who moved to the US during high school. Adding to her rich and varied heritage, Erica grew up living abroad in Asia, including Taiwan, Fiji, Thailand and Indonesia. She gained a great respect for the beautiful mosaic of cultures found in various parts of the world. After graduating from International School Bangkok, she attended Brigham Young University in Utah, where she earned a degree in Recreation Therapy. Her career as a Recreation Therapist has allowed her to work with at-risk youth since 2007.

Erica made the best decision of her life by marrying her husband in 2005 and is currently a mother of three, one of whom awaits her in heaven. Erica also loves singing, reading, writing, and satisfying her sweet-tooth with chocolate-chip cookies. Playing collegiate rugby was one of the most memorable experiences of her life, thus far.

Erica’s first book is titled Lingering Echoes, which was published by Clean Teen Publishing in November, 2013. Her newest release titled Rumors, was released in late December 2013 and is a prequel novella to Lingering Echoes. Borrowed Angel is Erica’s first nonfiction work about her experiences with grief and healing over losing her infant son.


Stalker Link:

http://ericakieferbooks.com/?page_id=12


Seventeen-year-old Allie Collins would rather hide behind rumors than face the truth—her life will never be the same as it was before the accident. As a star athlete grieving in the shadows, she hopes to find normalcy in boys and basketball. When her best friend sets her up with the popular Shane Moretti, Allie drags her feet, reluctant for added complications. Then she decides that dating Shane would be the perfect shield from last summer’s tragedy. However, what starts as a mere distraction proves much more complex. As Shane leads Allie into questionable situations, gossip continues to swirl.

Battling for her own identity while barricading painful emotions, Allie won’t escape her senior year without new wounds. After all, tragedy is no stranger to her. The events that unfold will draw readers deep into a well of emotion in Rumors, a Lingering Echoes Prequel.

#FREE Buy Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MTU98WA/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_2?qid=1409601806&sr=8-2-spell&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70

Excerpt:

Rumor---they spread fast like a virus, mutating and growing stronger with each person they touch. The difference between a rumor and virus, though, is that no one wants a virus. We do all we can to protect ourselves and to eradicate the spreading germ. On the other hand, the moment we get a taste of a rumor, we want more—taking pride in being the source of delivery. Fortunately, we can kill a virus with medicine. The only way to kill an infectious rumor, though, is to tell the truth—but if the truth hurts more than the rumor, perhaps it’s better to let the rumor run rampant.

Rumors were the reason I often hid in the bathroom, avoiding the questioning eyes of my high school peers. It was definitely not the ideal way to start my senior year, but it was easier to hide than risk the questions. Besides, from my position inside the handicap stall, I sometimes overheard tidbits of scandal, like how this kid namedDerek cheated on Anna, even though everyone swore at the beginning of summer that they were going to make it. Now everyone hates Noel because of it. Unfortunately,sometimes I couldn’t escape playing the lead role in the circulating rumors, and all I could do was stand in that stall and listen.

All the stories, since school began two months ago, suggested I was in an accident. The details of this accident became hazy, depending on who shared them.Some tales were way off base and suggested I lost control of my four-wheeler and smashed my head into the ground. That would explain why I didn’t say much to anyone about what happened. They chalked it up to partial amnesia. Others were adamant that I fell off a Jet Ski and was hit by a boat, rendering me unconscious.  Most people, however, seemed to know that I almost drowned in a river. Word spread that my cousin fell in the river, too. Although, the difference between my cousin and me was that shedrowned. Since this happened in California, nobody here in Portland knew my cousin. Nobody really cared. They just liked to watch me from a distance, talking about me like I was an animal on display. They thought I couldn’t hear them whispering or catch them in my peripheral,gawking in pity, but I did.

Rumors aside, no one understood why I wouldn’t talk about it—why I refused to clarify the details of the accident last summer. It was simple really. Like I said, rumors can hurt—but sometimes, the truth can hurt more.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




“You can’t change the past… no matter how much you want to.”

If only Allie Collins could go back to that tragic day one year ago, perhaps she could escape the guilt that haunts her. In reality, there was no altering her cousin’s death or the role she played.

Then she meets Damien Michaels, a dark-haired stranger on a dirt bike, who seems to watch Allie and know more about her than he should. Veiling his own secrets, including a mysterious scar and unexplained tattoo, Allie knows she shouldn’t trust him—especially as she digs up a past Damien desperately wants to forget. She also doesn’t believe in summer romances, yet she finds her attraction to him growing beyond his striking grey eyes. Unfortunately, Allie discovers too late that he is hiding a dark past which is far from over, endangering her life and those she loves.

Buy Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N1WX3OO/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?qid=1409601806&sr=8-1-spell&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70


EXCERPT:


A gunshot echoed through the cabin.

“No!” I screamed. I threw my hands over my mouth, but it was too late. I could hear footsteps hurrying to the stairwell door.

I bolted across the room, stepping inside a small bedroom. Cardboard boxes were scattered throughout the room, disheveled and disorganized.

There was nowhere to go. I tripped my way to the corner of the room, stubbing my toe and ignoring the throbbing pain.

I could hear the heavy footsteps descending the stairs.Falling against the corner wall, I buried my head behind a large, unopened box. I crouched low, too afraid to even peek around the corner.

A set of footsteps entered the room, pausing by the entryway.

My hand clamped back over my mouth, muffling my breaths and the scream that threatened to escape. I wished I could quiet the pounding in my chest that was sure to give me away.

We know you’re here. Come on out now, and maybe we won’t kill you.”

I didn’t move an inch, despite the painful cramping in my thighs. I closed my eyes, leaning my sweaty forehead against the cardboard.

A swift click flooded the room with light.

“There you are!”

I tumbled backwards, jumping against the wall as a very large man stalked towards me. At the sight of me, he lowered his gun, smiling in amusement.

“Stay away from me!” I managed to squeeze out from my dry throat. My voice sounded weak and small. I barricaded myself in the corner, my eyes jumping from side to side, searching in vain for an exit.

There was nowhere to go.


  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Borrowed Angel is the poignant story of a mother who lost her first child to sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). In this captivating book, the author describes her journey through the gauntlet of grief and reveals how hope can be found, even amid tragedy.

Weaving spirituality with a practical approach to healing,Borrowed Angel reflects on motherhood, the grieving process, and the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Buy Link:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Play Thing by Jason Luke & Jade West

Fight For You by Charisse Spiers

The Blood King by Liz Long